Schematic diagram of the human eye showing the cornea as separated from the sclera by the corneal limbus
|Part of||Front of eye|
The cornea is the front part of the eye. It is the clear transparent section of the eye. The cornea covers the iris, pupil, and the eye chamber. It is a special form of tissue. The cornea is clear and has no blood vessels. It has nerves, but with no myelin sheaths on them.
Dua's layer is a newly discovered layer of the cornea. It was described in June 2013. It is the sixth layer of the cornea to be discovered. Despite its thinness, the layer is very strong, and air does not get through it.
- ↑ Cassin B. & Solomon S. 1990. Dictionary of eye terminology. Gainsville, Florida: Triad Publishing Company.
- ↑ Goldstein, E. Bruce 2007. Sensation & perception (7th ed.). Canada: Thompson Wadsworth.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dua H.S. et al 2013. Human corneal anatomy redefined: a novel pre-Descemet's layer (Dua's layer). Ophthalmology. 
- ↑ Olson, Samantha 2013. "New cornea layer discovered in human eye: doctors predict safer and simpler eye treatments" . Medical Daily. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- ↑ "New layer of human eye,'Dua's layer', discovered behind cornea" . Huffington Post Live Science. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
Categories: Eye anatomy
Information as of: 28.10.2020 08:50:05 CET
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.