Modesto is situated in the Central Valley. It is located on the Tuolumne River and near the Stanislaus River.
Modesto is the 18th largest city in California, and the 103rd largest city in the United States.
- Jack Angel, voice actor.
- Sonny Barger, Oakland chapter founder of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club.
- Carol Channing, Tony Award-winning actress and singer.
- George Lucas, film director, producer, and screenwriter.
- James Marsters, actor.
- Timothy Olyphant, actor
- Jeremy Renner, actor.
- Royal Robbins, famous rock climber.
- Mark Spitz, Olympic gold medalist.
- ↑ Historic Spots in California, Third Edition. Stanford University Press. p. 539. ISBN 978-0804740203.
- ↑ "Find a County" . National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ↑ "Amelia Franzia Gallo; Wine Maker's Wife, 83" . Obituary. The New York Times. December 25, 1993. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
She began working as secretary and janitor in the fledgling Gallo family business shortly after Ernest and Julio Gallo started the E. & J. Gallo Winery in Modesto in 1933. Today, the company is the nation's largest winery, with more than a quarter of the American wine market.
- ↑ City of Modesto IT. "City of Modesto – Newsroom – Press Releases" . modesto.ca.us. Archived from the original on February 29, 2012.
- ↑ "List: Worst Cities For Ozone Pollution" . Forbes.
- ↑ "Mark Spitz" . www.jewishsports.net. Retrieved August 31, 2008.
Source: Wikipedia - https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modesto, California (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 24.05.2020 10:38:13 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.