Pope Julius II
|Papacy began||November 1, 1503|
|Papacy ended||February 21, 1513|
|Birth name||Giuliano della Rovere|
|Born||December 5, 1443|
|Died||February 21, 1513|
|Other Popes named Julius|
Pope Julius II (Latin: Iulius Secundus; December 5, 1443 - February 21, 1513), originally Giuliano Della Rovere, was an Italian priest of the Roman Catholic Church and the 217th Pope from 1503 until his death in 1513. He was known as "the Warrior Pope."
Giuliano della Rovere was the son of Rafaello della Rovere.
Della Rovere was elected pope in 1503; and he chose to be called Julius II.
Pope Julius was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
In 1506, Pope Julius he established the Swiss Guard.
- ↑ "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-9.
- ↑ Schaff, Philip et al. (1910). "Julius II," History of the Christian Church, Volume 5, Part 2, p. 466.
- ↑ Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1839). "Julius II," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 13, p. 146.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 "Pope Julius II," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-9.
- ↑ "The Vatican," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-9.
- Shaw, Christine. (1993). Julius II: the Warrior Pope. Oxford: Blackwell. ISBN 9780631167389; OCLC 417355755
Media related to Iulius II at Wikimedia Commons
- Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913. .
- Catholic Hierarchy , Julius II
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church , Cardinal della Rovere
Information as of: 24.05.2020 10:19:32 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.